Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Zaphiro

This gorgeous guy is my Artist proof #3 ( Traditional El Embosco Resin) painted and sculpted by Morgen Kilbourn. He is named 'Zaphiro' for a gemstone (Zaphiro is sapphire in Spanish). He is the most gorgeous blue roan overo. You can't see a lot of his details in these pics, the roaning the dirty fetlocks and all the other subtle little details that are visible in person. I got him for a steal. Everyone was boycotting Ebay at the time of the auction, and Morgan decided not to put a reserve on him. I paid just over $900 with shipping. Morgan has valued him, or told me that she would not replace him for less than $3000. So it was very much my lucky day. This is one of my all time favorite resins and the finish work on him is beyond incredible. March 2008.
His first time out 'Dixie Downs' 2008. Won his class, Division Champ, and Overall Champion of the show. I was so, so thrilled.
Another big win, at a show in Boise fall 2008. He got Overall Reserve of the Show.
This pic is also from the Boise show. Isn't he a pretty boy?
He also won Overall Champion at 'Dixie Downs' fall 2009. That was a cool show, because he won Grand and 'Riptide' won Reserve of the show. It was great:)
He has 5 first place ribbons in breed, I think in all of those shows he was also the Division Champ, and 1 second place ribbon.
He also has a first and second in workmanship, naning both times he has shown in that class.
He also went to NAN 2009 in Portland, OR, but he did not do real well there. The classes are huge and the competition...well lets just say its unbelievable.
This is my favorite model of all the models I own. I doubt I will ever get another of this caliber.

No comments:

Post a Comment