
This girl has been in progress for slightly over a year, yikes. Oh, and my pics seriously stink.
So this is 'Sucre' an Arabian mare, classic size, sculpted by Lynn Fraley. pd $273 u/p.
Finished by me:) My 3rd custom and the first resin I have finished:) My pictures really are horrible and half of them didn't turn out( wrong setting on my camera:()
These second two pics are progress pics from fall of 2009. She has been shown, she went to Dixie downs (fall 2009), and actually placed. She placed in both halter and workmanship, but I cannot find her ribbons, I think it was a 3rd in breed( I did show her as a Morab, because the class was smaller than the pure Arabian, but still she placed) and 3rd or 4th in chestnut workmanship, which I was thrilled with:)

Anyway, she is a lovely little mare, there are some things that when I get better at painting maybe I will go back and fix. She was very hard to paint though because of the amount of detail, especially in her face and legs. I learned a lot about pastelling her as I'm sure I will with every horse especially at the beginning. But overall I am very happy with her:)
She is named 'Illusions of Juliet' , to go with my 'Rasam' whose name is 'Phantom Romeo". All of my future Arabians get supernatural names...I didn't realize I had done it at first but, I also have a 'Dakota Spectre". So someday I may get some better pics of her too:(
No comments:
Post a Comment